Saturday, November 28, 2015

11/28/15

Today has been one of those reflective kind of days for me. I've been thinking today about faith and it's importance in our lives. Faith and prayer have brought miracles in my life but one of the most memorable happened close to ten years ago and centered on my daughter, Megan. At the age of twelve she was diagnosed with a severe kidney disease. She did so well but always in my mind was that fear that it would come out of remission and she would have to live her life on dialysis. She and Nate were dating and Nate's grandmother, when she found out about Megan's nephritis, said there was a world renowned kidney doctor that had a summer home close to where she lived and asked if Megan would like to see him. So she set up a meeting between him and Megan while they were with her.He made time between his traveling and research to see her at the Kidney Center next to Huntsman in Salt Lake. That Megan even had the chance to have him go over her case was a miracle! Basically from his tests he told us that having children would destroy her health, or that of the baby, or both. Motherhood is so precious to me that I was just heartbroken to think that she could never have children of her own. So we walked out of the office to the sidewalk with me begging for strength to help her. Suddenly she turned to me, took me by the shoulders and saw the tears running down my face. "Mom please don't cry. They don't know everything! What do they know of the priesthood or even prayer?" I was so grateful for her faith that comforted me - even though I should have been the supportive one! Megan's faith, through two healthy pregnancies and childbirths that could have ended tragically, has always been an inspiration to me. Radiation is beginning to take it's tole with a sore throat, aches, and a tightening sensation through out my left chest wall, under my arm and up into my neck. Being tired by now is a normal, but frustrating, condition. I'm so blessed to be old with no one that I need to take care of - but my husband. He has done a great job of taking care of me though! Thank you all for your friendship, love, and concern. Your prayers have brought about miracles in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment