Sunday, November 22, 2015

11/22/15

Time is passing so quickly. Nine months ago I thought a year of cancer treatment sounded like forever - and here it is almost Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for! The one thing I wish I had known during chemo and being so miserable with the chronic dry eye stuff was it could have been treated. With all of the side effects of treatment, that has been the most miserable for me. Three weeks of eye drops every hour have been very helpful. The eye doctor says three more months of eye drops every hour and Restasis - who knew a months supply of that is $434. However at Sam's Club it is $99 (in case anyone needs to know) So between the hourly eye drops and the aloe vera chest rubs to prevent burning every three hours, I'm a busy woman! Have had nine radiation treatments; so only nineteen left. The best thing about radiation is the warm blanket they cover you with! The worst thing is making sure you don't move for half an hour while you are going in and out of the tube. By nighttime I'm achy all over and tired but that's much better than the chemo and the surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment