Thursday, November 5, 2015

11/5/15

Words cannot express how grateful I am tonight. Both Dr. Garvy and Dr. Hansen had said they were fairly sure the cancer had spread through the lymph nodes to other areas and would need to know where it is. The PET Scan would show where the cancer is. The radiation doctor was waiting for the results. So I was just hoping there would be fewer places so they could do the radiation. I waited all morning to call the office but obviously the stress was building. Around noon I called and the woman who answered the phone said the results were there and she would have the nurse call me back. I had been pleading all morning with the Lord to give me the strength to be strong enough to help my family accept what was coming. Finally around 4:00 the nurse called me back. Seeing the McKay Dee number, I steeled myself for the results. "Good news, the cancer has not spread - there are no signs of metastatic cancer." How could that be?? Did she have the wrong test? Did I hear her right? Or was this an absolute miracle? Of course I immediately started sobbing! I keep thinking this is a dream and I am going to wake up and realize it was just something I imagined. The only answer to all of this in my mind is that prayers have been answered in my behalf and it is indeed a miracle. That does not mean the road ahead will be easy but it will make it possible for me to continue with treatment. I am so very grateful! Thank you for your prayers, for putting my name on temple rolls, and for caring.

1 comment: