Tuesday, December 1, 2015

12/1/15

Who knows what the future holds for any of us? I wonder if we knew, would we be more prepared.?. Guess we need to live every day as if it was our last. It is depressing that I know that could be a reality for me, for any of us really, but I am not consistently doing those things I know would make me a better person. How sad is that??! It seems that my energy level is no where to be found. So I leave radiation and feel like I can go shopping only to find that after twenty minutes of walking through Sams I don't know if I am going to throw up or pass out - once I get to the car and get something to eat it usually subsides. Just saying I don't mean to undermine Sam's Club! It's the same no matter where it is... Anyway, there are just 14 radiation treatments left. Remember the old westerns where the Indians would stretch and tie their enemies to what looked like two poles held together by other boards, that's how it feels to have your arms stretched above your head and your feet tied together and not being able to move for over 30 minutes. The two nurses, one male and one female, didn't think it was very funny when I shared that info with them. When they left I realized that the male nurse, who I thought was Asian, actually was of the native American Indian descent. Isn't it interesting that everyone leaves the radiation room because it is dangerous for them and yet we cancer patients are always enduring radiation. Have a good night! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment