Saturday, December 12, 2015

12/12/2015

Picture this: An old woman always wearing zip front sweatshirts with pockets full of eye drops, disinfectant, tubes of Aquaphor, and a cell phone with alarms that go off every hour. Yep, it's me! Pretty sad sight. I really hate to spend the time taking care of myself, but then I don't have any energy to do much else. Every hour with the eye drops that somehow looking in the mirror and putting them in half of the drops miss my eye entirely and end up running down my cheeks. Then there's the burn cream to rub on the crisp radiated area so your side and arm sticks together every hour. But even worse is the "air time" your supposed to give your chest. Now I am aware there is nothing on my chest but even with the doors locked and the blinds down I'm worried someone might somehow get in my house and see me. Am I weird or what?? Only six more radiation treatments to go! Interesting that while they are telling you radiation is the easiest part of cancer treatment you find out that many people quit before the treatment ends because they are so miserable. I think it is more of a conglomeration of chemo and surgery that puts your body into a "I've had it" mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment