Friday, December 18, 2015

12/18/2015

It has been an interesting couple of days. Beginning with the day I felt good enough to go shopping after radiation - for an hour that is! Walked into Wal-Mart and you know how they have displays of toys and things, well inside the door they had a box full of different toys. One was a big plastic crayon that I know one of the kids would enjoy. So I picked it up and went on into the store just to be blocked by the security man who ask me what I was doing with the toy. "Isn't this cute?" "Ma'am, didn't you read the writing on the box? That is the Toys For Tots box. You need to return it." Was that ever embarrassing! I was hoping to be done when this radiation ends but I'm going in for a bone scan on Monday. First get the injection, then go for radiation, then back for the scan. Hope I don't blow up in the radiation machine! If it comes back and they still can't tell if the area in my back is cancer or degeneration they will do a bone biopsy. That sure sounds fun to me..... The good thing is if it is cancer it can be radiated in five treatments. To be honest, that was depressing until thoughts of so many people who live with debilitating illnesses for years helped my perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment