Friday, December 25, 2015

12/24/2015

Halleluiah! Last day of radiation! The doctor and wonderful staff at the cancer center had a celebration for me. It just seems so unreal that 28 treatments are over - what seemed insurmountable in the beginning. While we were celebrating Dr. Fisher told me the test results from the nuclear bone scan revealed bone disintegration and arthritis in hands, feet, knees, back- but NOT CANCER!! Anyone who has raised ten kids and is 67 years old should have a lot of wear and tear on their body. So onto the next phase of treatment which is the hormone blocker that Dr. Hansen says with my kind of cancer I will have to take for five years or for the rest of my life. Also need to have a bone density test to determine if I need some kind of bone strengthening infusions which would be once a month. I'm so grateful the cancer hasn't spread but I realize the rest of my life will be much different than it was. There is much to be learned from this experience in my life. Actually much of my treatment has been at Ogden Regional where in the many folders of information was the following: PRAYER OF ST. FRANCIS Lord, make me an instrument of your peace, where there is hatred, let me sow love, where there is injury, pardon where there is doubt, faith where there is despair, hope where there is darkness, light and where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console, to be understood, as to understand to be loved, as to love for it is in giving that we receive it is in pardoning that we are pardoned and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. I love this prayer. It truly is who I aspire to become and so many of you have exemplified in my life this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment