Friday, May 8, 2015

5/8/2015

Pregnancy/Chemo - who would have ever thought they had so much in common. Whenever you have a health problem and your are pregnant, no matter what it is, the Doctor says "it's just because you are pregnant". I was awake much of the night by a stinging burning feeling in my head. Turned on the light and went to get out of bed when I looked at my feet and they were bright pink. I wish I had taken a picture. In my mind I could hear the Doctor saying " It's just because you are having Chemo." Weird stuff. Morning couldn't come soon enough. Still had the head problem but my feet were their normal white color! I did read this morning about using white pillow cases so if you "drool" during the night they don't get bleached spots on them. I knew it- your body is taken over by bleach! I thought last night I would watch the Dan Rather special. Didn't realize he has been dealing with cancer for some time. It gave him time to realize what was really important in his life. I had two reactions for the first fifteen minutes before I turned it off: 1. It for some reason really depressed me 2. For my entire adult life I have known what is most important in my life - my family, my friends, my faith. Scott has supported me in making those things the focus of my life. I have always been grateful to be able to center my life around what I loved the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment