Monday, May 18, 2015

5/18/2015

Well I am not the sick one in our house tonight! Scott has had a very painful tooth problem. Dr. Ellis was good enough to work him in but I must say he came home in much worse shape that he went in. Scott has always had a very high pain tolerance level and even after surgeries would never take pain medication. Not this time.. He has been flat down in bed since he came home. Being unable to read or focus or listen gives you hours of thinking time. No one in these days is free of trials and adversities in their lives. What is it we are supposed to learn that will help us become more Christlike? I have seen incredible compassion and kindness with this illness. Pres. Porter continually encouraged us to be a Zion people. Pres. Holland stated: " We no longer think of Zion as where we are going to live; we think of it as how we are going to live". The example that so many have set for me reinforces that we are living among people who live like a Zion people. Feel so much better today. I wonder at the strength of people who go through this two, three, even four times and have been much sicker than I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment