Tuesday, May 12, 2015

5/12/2015

After a pretty good day yesterday when later in the afternoon rolled around I was exhausted. The hard thing is your mind is telling you there are many things that need to be done and your body telling you that it needs a rest. Gave in around 8:00 pm and went to bed. I don't know why I think laying down is the answer! Then the body tingling and a pain in the back of my head started so I couldn't sleep anyway. Finally got to sleep and was awakened many times when it felt like my pillow was a heating pad. Actually it was the burning inside my head that kept waking me until I found a cool place on the pillow. Morning is a really a good thing sometimes. Scott and I went in for chemo today. I had a list of questions and the first was what are the options if this doesn't work. Since my feet had turned pink in the night the nurses thought I should see Dr. Hansen. So he came in and said he thought the foot coloring incident was due to the chemo they call the Red Devil because it has many side effects. He asked me if I had noticed any difference - which I thought I had, but he decided to check for himself. After a very thorough examination, which looked to me like oncoming death for sure- he said the mass had diminished in size by 20-30%. Which is wonderful from just the two treatments I had had He was finally smiling and as we talked I told him that I knew everything was going so well because of the prayers of my family and friends. And he said, " I believe that must be true". When I told him my first question was about what would happen if the chemo didn't work, he shook his finger at me and said we are not even discussing that because the treatment is working! Everyone's cancer stories are so different. The one thing that is perfectly clear is if you have anything unusual going on, make sure it is checked out. The room was full of healthy looking people today; that was much more encouraging than last time. I am so grateful for the prayers that have been said by so many for me. What a tremendous blessing!! Thank you , thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment