Saturday, October 31, 2015

10/31/15

Should probably go trick r treating with the kids - certainly would not have to put anything strange on my head since I look like a ghoul already! It's been a pathetic few days but I am feeling better. Finally got my cell phone working, just in time to pull it of the cupboard with a towel into the sink where I was washing dishes. Talk about disgusting! Then out of frustration with myself I planted myself in the recliner for a nice Hallmark movie. Couldn't get the remote to work. Just then the phone rang and I realized I had been trying to turn on the TV with the phone. Then while the cows are out roaming I needed to have my ever ready BB gun ready to get them off the grass. But no, I couldn't get the gun to work only to find out later that it was on safety. Night time could not come soon enough. Bet you are thinking I am a has been! And it is so true.... It takes all of my mentality to get drops in my eyes every hour. One of the most challenging things is trying to do something that looks semi-normal with my chest. These breast poofs made out of fiber fill are just difficult to make look the same! The "real" breast prosthetics will be better but too sore for those yet. What a beautiful fall day it has been. There may be ugly things going on around us but we are so blessed to know this life is just a short time in an eternal perspective. I know that leaving our bodies here and moving on is a natural thing for all of us but it is much more real and painful when you face your own mortality or that of a loved one. Guess that's why we need to live every day as if it were our last day on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment