Friday, October 16, 2015

10/15/15

Finally getting back to blogging. The problem is there is swelling in my arms and under my arms down my sides so I can't hold my arms close to my side to type. Good excuse huh. I feel like putting a broomstick through my sleeves to keep my arms up - like a scarecrow in a corn patch. Only I am scarier looking !! Eli drove from Farmington NM with her kids today. Scott and I were trying to decide how to make what I look like not be so shocking to them. They haven't been here since my white fuzzy hair started growing and my eye brows and eyelashes disappeared. Didn't want to scare them.. So put on my wig and Scott was amazing at making the kids comfortable with my white fuzz head verses the brown wig. Love having them here. It makes life seem more normal! It has been so quiet at our house for the past eight months. So here the problem - one of many. To avoid swelling in my head, I need to elevate my head. Which isn't difficult. Also my arms and chest need to be elevated to avoid fluid build up. I had no idea the removal of lymph nodes caused so many problems. Because of a bad vein in my leg that has previously cased foot ulcers, it also needs to be elevated above my heart. You get the picture. Looks to me like everything must puddle in the rear end area. Then Scott finds the ice cream in the fridge instead of the freezer and his favorite knife, which we had looked for for an hour, showed up in the garage where I had taken it to open a case of water and of course forgotten all about it. I don't know if it has to do with the sleeping medicine, chemo, or if I'm just going crazy. That's why I really am hesitant to go to Ogden by myself - maybe even Morgan. But in spite of every little thing I am so grateful to know this life is just a small part of our existence and our Father in Heaven always has our backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment