Monday, October 19, 2015

10/19/15

You know how you have heard if you breast feed it helps with protecting you from breast cancer. So naturally I thought that having nursed six babies for a year a piece would be helpful. But no. My cancer actually started in the milk ducts and grew out into the skin. Aggressive Lobular carcinoma they say. Since they don't know where it may have gone through the lymph system it is kind of like starting over but from a less positive perspective. We just go on from here knowing that doctors don't know everything!! I have appointments with the oncologist and the radiation oncologist in two weeks. Dr. Garvey says I have to look much better before she would consider turning me over to the other doctors. How could she say such a thing - haha! She thinks six months of harsh chemo and major surgery have taken a toll on my body. At least that made me feel better about what a wuss I am. She drained fluid from my chest and said she would probably do that three to five more times. Scott wanted me to ask her if she would keep the drain tubing and bottle. I forgot, of course, until she had thrown it in the garbage. She did get it out and wash it off; then put it into a bag for him. After all that, and she really was grossed out, he just wanted to look at it. She said the contents of the bag were equivalent to poop. Those were her very words! Wouldn't that be great addition to our spook alley? No one but me thought so however. There are so many good things in my life - they are my reality so cancer will just have to take a back seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment