Thursday, April 30, 2015

4/30/2015

Keeping the days straight is quite a challenge for me - even when I am well! Went in for my second round of chemo on Tuesday. It looked like the room of the walking dead. Just wanted to wrap them all in a blanket and hug them. I have always thought that the only time I would be skinny would be when I was dying of cancer. Guess I've a long, long way to go before I die! I am learning more about grace every day as the infusion nurses tell me what to expect with the treatment and the shot the day after. I feel surrounded by the prayers of others that have blessed me to escape most of the worst side effects that they tell me will come. The nurses just look at me in unbelief but I know exactly why I have been so blessed. This no hair thing isn't all that bad. No wonder it takes men such a short time to get ready. It is a bit strange to come downstairs and realize you have forgotten your hair though. The kindness of so many people has been amazing and probably not deserved but I do appreciate the emails, messages, cards, calls, meals, flowers, warm soft fuzzy blankets and pillows and so many others gifts that have made such a difference in my dealing with cancer. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kathy - just another thought, and I should have mentioned it before, and maybe you already have heard this, but Ron Crouch says that is you hold some crushed ice in your mouth while receiving chemo, it helps prevent mouth sores. He said you hold it in there as long as you can (before the cold gets too cold), then I guess you either spit it out or chew and swallow, and then get another mouthful and hold it again. He said it really helped him. Just thought I'd mention it. Love ya !

    ReplyDelete