Tuesday, April 21, 2015

4/21/2015

Two days of being blessed with feeling good! The power of prayers is amazing to me. I left the Doctor's office just over three weeks ago sobbing because I knew life would never be the same, and it probably wont. But what I know now is every new adversity in our lives has purpose and I will have the opportunity to grow in ways I never would have had. Cancer has always seemed like a death sentence to me since my parents both died of it - and many other relatives. Now I realize the blessing of making the most of each day, of how precious the relationships I have are, and how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family and support system. So the cell phone sage continued . . .After being in a bag of rice for 24 hours I took it out and tried to turn it on. Nothing came up but the need to be charged sign so I plugged it in and kept checking it. Wouldn't charge at all. This morning I called Brandon, my go to phone guy, and we were working on ordering another one. I tried again to turn it on - no luck. As I was reading the paper I heard this weak buzzing sound; looked over at my dead phone and low and behold it was receiving messages!! Being skeptical about how it would work I noticed that it had charged at some point and I now have a working phone. A tender mercy I would say! Got to see some of my family today out on the front porch. What fun! I miss having them opening the door and yelling "Grandma are you home?" It has been such a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment