Friday, August 7, 2015

8/7/2015

Looks like I lost at least one post somewhere in my confused state of mind! (That is a fairly common state of mind for me) Before my chemo we stopped at a post-mastectomy store. Now that was one weird experience. Checking out breast forms, bras with pockets, bras with bags that hold the drainage bottles- all in all it was a stark reality check for me.. Following that fun experience went for an infusion. Last week they left me a beautiful heart shaped purple bruise below the port, I had called to see if that was ok and they said it was. DeDe took me down and when the nurse came in to start the shots before the infusion she immediately called the head nurse. After pushing and feeling all the bruised area they decided someone had nicked a small blood vessel last time. Funny thing was the girl they called in to have her inspect it was the one that gave me the medication last time She spent a lot of time making sure the needle was in the right place this time. It was a depressing experience in the little infusion room. One of the women was deathly sick and another just very sick. However some bakery had brought lunch to the office and they hadn't eaten all of the sandwiches so they passed them around the room to those who weren't too sick to eat. Felt guilt and sadness eating while others in the room were so ill. So now I am just back to fatigue and aching. Five more treatments to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment