Tuesday, August 25, 2015

8/25/2015

When I wait until night to blog I am too tired, or fingers too sore, or can't see very well, etc. So I am starting early tonight. It certainly is nice not to be going for chemo this week. I would never have thought that your fingernails could hurt! I'm just learning all kinds of things that I never really wanted to know. You know when you read in the obituaries about people who have fought a valiant fight against cancer, I have thought it was more a matter of endurance. The more I see people fighting to stay alive for their young families, or go through all kinds of torture to live longer for those they love, the more I understand what being valiant in those obits means. The important thing for me is knowing this lifetime will one day be just a moment in time. We have the opportunity to make that moment a learning and growing experience. The things that mean the most to me here are the things that are eternal - so grateful for that knowledge.. The sad thing is even knowing that I still fall so short of who I should be. And isn't that a pleasant thought to end this blog on?! Thank heavens for the atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment