Tuesday, July 28, 2015

7/28/2015

Just when I thought my body was getting used to this new chemo, my hands and lips started to feel swollen and very tender. I keep expecting to look in the mirror and see one of those plastic surgery gone wrong faces! But the reality is neither my fingers or lips look much different. Just feel weird... What a difference it makes to me to know that this life has purpose for all of us. We can learn very valuable lessons in the not-so-fun times in our lives that make us better people. When the phone rang I picked up the book under the phone " I Will Not Leave You Comfortless". Opened it and right before my eyes was written what I wanted to say. A quote from Elder Joseph Wirthlin: " While every man and woman...has experienced an abundant measure of joy, each also has drunk deeply from the cup of sorrow, disappointment, and loss. The Lord in His wisdom does not shield anyone from grief or sadness...Learning to endure times of disappointment, suffering, and sorrow is part of our on-the-job training. These experiences while often difficult to bear at the time, are precisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character, and increase our compassion for others."

No comments:

Post a Comment