Sunday, June 7, 2015

6/72015

I am the nervous type - so when I was getting dressed this morning I happened to look in the direction of the mirror and for a few startled seconds I thought someone else was in the room with me. I will get used to being bald, I will get used to that no hair look but obviously it has happened yet! This past week has been great. The time period that I was supposed to be the sickest has been the best I have felt since starting chemo. The dry eyes, mouth, lips and throat are just here to stay but with adequate rest the rest of the symptoms can be controlled. What a blessing! When I go in to begin the next round of chemo on Tuesday they won't believe I haven't been sick. With every round it has been the same reaction. "You didn't get really sick? Well next time will be worse!" With every infusion I know exactly why I have been blessed - it is because of those who are praying for me. I know that the Lord cannot refuse to answer so many righteous prayers. Thank you, thank you. And if you ever doubt your prayers are being answered - come visit me. I know it is not my worthiness but it is yours. So Tuesday starts a new chemo for me. You just should never read about this stuff because it is much to scary. I will be happy to begin the next four months of chemo though. June 4th was our wedding anniversary - 44 years. I am sorry he is stuck with me but he has been so sweet and kind. There have been times this last three months that just his touch has given me the strength to go on and know all will be well. I am so grateful for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment