Wednesday, June 3, 2015

6/3/2015

Often we are reminded that we have very little control over tragic events in our lives. What we consider a tragedy may well be something that pulls us in directions that we would not have chosen ourselves because they are so painful. At the end we realize that some of the most painful experiences in our lives teach us compassion that we never would have understood before, give us more strength than we thought we had, and build faith that carries us through the next challenge that comes our way. I have been inspired by the examples of strength, commitment, compassion, faith, and love in the lives of many friends who daily overcome adversity in their lives. They encourage me to be a better person through their example. I believe there is life changing purpose in adversity - as difficult as it may be. And I do know that we are never alone in those times. On the lighter side - I am feeling great! Blessed beyond measure. Have been waiting for that deathly sickness they told me to expect after the fourth treatment and have actually felt better than I have after the first three infusions. The power of prayer - what else could it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment