Sunday, June 21, 2015

6/21/2015

I am grateful for the passing of time. It was just Mother's Day and here it is Father's Day! Halfway through chemo - sometimes it seems to be the only life that is familiar anymore. This new drug is very different from the first two. In the past there was a week of not feeling great then the next week of feeling fairly good. With this one I have felt good for the first few days then the aching starts and lasts to the next treatment. These are every week for three weeks then a week off. I am looking forward to that week off. Who knew there were so many places in your body that could ache for no reason. The good thing is changing your position often alleviates the ache. What a learning experience this is for me! An appointment with my surgeon this week was good as she sees the cancer shrinking. We discussed surgical options but much depends on the next three months of chemo. At least this time I was prepared for what she had to say. Last time I went in for a mammogram and came out having been diagnosed with a very invasive breast cancer. Knew it couldn't be much worse than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment