Tuesday, September 8, 2015

9/8/16

I do have an excuse for not writing for a while, maybe not a good one though. It was time to have a physical so I could renew my meds. Personally you just have to wonder if all of the cancer tests shouldn't count as a physical!! I had wanted to talk to Dr. Obrien though since I haven't seen her since the before the inflammatory breast cancer. The visit was good but then they called back with their test results which weren't so good. My liver and kidney functions were low so I shouldn't take Ibuprofen Tylenol or any pain meds. Well Ibuprofen has been a lifesaver for me so that was a frustrating development. I know I am a wimp- so after three days of aching and being miserable and spending most of the day and night in bed I decided to take two 200mgs when the aching was the worst. I know how serious this cancer is and there is no reason to worry about taking a small amount of Ibuprofen. So today at treatment Dr. Hansen's office they ran the same kidney and liver tests. Good news!! The counts were better. Don't know if it was because one test was done after fasting and the other one wasn't or if it was just a tremendous blessing. I'm sure about the blessing part of it - not so sure about the fasting results. Melia went with me for the infusion today. It was so nice to have her with me. My sister, Dede, has spent much time with me. She found out last week that her heart wasn't good and is in the hospital for open heart bypass surgery tomorrow. We all love her and pray that it will be a successful surgery and a good recovery. "Don't get caught up in the thick of thin things" What are the thin things in my life? That is probably one of the lessons I need to learn through this experience. Thank you for your prayers. They make such a difference in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment