Wednesday, September 23, 2015

9/23/15

Isn't it great to have the Pope here! When I think how special it is for me to see and hear from our Church leaders I am so happy for the Catholics who get to see and be in the presence of their beloved leader. It has been an introspective few days as the surgery I was so anxious to have is coming up soon. Waiting to see which side effects of the chemo will actually go away and am grateful that six months of that is over. Will I be able to remember where my cell phone is? It is always lost! A post on Facebook: Sometimes we need someone to simply be there. Not to fix anything, or do anything in particular, but just to let us feel that we are cared for and supported. Today I had the privilege of "friend sitting" a very sick, cancer riddled friend. What a battle she has fought for years with different cancers and treatments! She is always in pain but rarely complains. I have learned so much from her about enduring to the end with grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment