Monday, February 1, 2016

2/1/2016

For those of you who are familiar with puppy treat - I keep some puppy treats in my pocket for puppy bribes. You know they look much like Ibuprofen Ibuprofen has been my main go to med for the past ten months. I have found them in many places they shouldn't be and realize they must have fallen out of my pocket or something! A few nights ago I was getting ready for bed and I see this red pill on the carpet by the bed. So of course I figure that I had dropped it instead of swallowing it with the others. You can probably see where this is going. Picked it up and grabbed my water bottle, when the smell of puppy treats took over. Sure enough, on close inspection the not quite so rounded edges of puppy treats became evident. This may be the only time in my life that the roots of my hair are darker than the rest! It's so nice to have hair. From the chair at the side of my bed I looked across the room to the mirror on the wall. The mirror that at first showed my normal hair; then the shocking no hair look; then the wig with lots of hair look; then the stubby white sheep look; and now the different colors of gray look. At least I recognize myself in the mirror and don't get frightened that someone else is in the room with me! WOW - it is feels great to alive! I'm so grateful to feel that again. I know without the prayers of others things would probably be much different. The best thing in life to hold on to is each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment